Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ups and Downs

It's been a challenging 19 days since I was last here. A lot going on with both my daughter and I.

My newest lab results for Vitamin D have come up to 41. This means I am no longer deficient. My new Thyroid level is in the normal range with my new dose as well. I did test positive for Celiac Disease and am waiting for an appointment for having a biopsy done.

At first when I got MY news I was numb then pissed then depressed. This pasted as I received much support from friends at ASAP and my family. Now I have to learn a new way of eating. It's better then having to deal with NL's and Chiari! So I will survive and hopefully be healthier.

Follow up appointment with daughter with her NL was good and bad. The good is he supported us seeing a NS for a second opinion at Tufts. The bad is he believes her Trigeminal is a symptom not the cause. He has set up an Autonomic Test and EMG. We go this Wednesday the 1st of April. She is also to have another set of MRI's in 3 months for a spot they found.

We did go to Tufts, the NS was very pleasant and helpful. He told Liz that he feels TN is a symptom not the cause. Hearing this from 2 separate Dr's leads us to believe it true. He was very detailed in viewing her MRI study. He did suggest she has Chiari 0, of which I had thought as well. Recommended her to have further studying done to determine where her pain is coming from. Also pointed out a small spot on the left side of her brain that needs further examining.

It gives me some comfort that 2 separate hospitals gave pretty much the same diagnosis.

We have seen much improvement with Liz, taking the anxiety/depression medication. She is much more relaxed and doesn't have uncontrollable crying. It will make getting a proper Dx that much quicker I think, because she is calmer.

It has been a lot to take in. Just when I think I am ready to handle more....I have had a few brake downs where I just cry. Seems like getting healthy is with in reach, then it gets snagged back a few yards. I wished I enjoyed drinking some nights! Don't want a hang over.

I just gotta keep my faith and steadily move forward. Some days are harder then others but the sun keeps shining which is a good sign!

No comments: