Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3 weeks Post Op.....Feeling wonderful

Today is my 3 weeks. Starting to really feel the effects of the surgery. My neck rotation is much much better. My walking has improved. Sleeping is so wonderful, last night I got a full nights sleep with out sleeping medication.

I really can not wait to go see Dr Heilman. He really is going to be shocked at ALL the little things that have resolved. I just wished it had taken away the light headed feeling, perhaps in time this will go away once I am no longer taking any muscle relaxers. I still have a little ringing in my head when I lay down, each day it goes down just a little more.

Today I feel like I will be able to sit at the sewing machine and get working on some Christmas stuff. I have been planning and preparing but unable to sew yet. My neck feels like it's up for the challenge today.

It has been 5 days with out the steroids and I have noticed that I am not as hungry as I was. Boy those things make you want to EAT! Bet I gained 8-10 lbs. I must try and get out and walk more, plus lay off the sweets!

This morning I woke with a head ache which surprised me. Not the same type of CM head ache. I took 2 Tylenol and it went right away. Could be that I slept funny, I don't know. Just glad the Tylenol worked. I am sure every time I get a head ache I will worry. I never want those CM head aches again cause they are killer and nothing works.

Yesterday I was out and about with my hubby. I was explaining what CM is and the long process I went threw before surgery. To me it has been difficult but to hear and see the expressions of others, well lets just say that people find it hard to believe that one would suffer that long before something was done. If you really think about it, they are correct! There needs to be a real change in how CM is treated.

2 comments:

And then Chiari said...

Amy, you responded to one of my questions in the ASAP site. Seems we have much in commen. We are both recuperating at the same time. Just read all of your blog...wow, did that ever hit home.
My surgery was Oct. 9. 2 days in ICU, 4 days regular floor, then 8 days in Rehab. Had stitches out on Wed., and will continue rehab at home. I had GBS which didn't like the invasive procedure that was done for Chiari.
Hang in there. We can heal together.
JayDee

Dan and Tina said...

Hey Amy Joe!

I'm really happy to hear you are continuing to do well. Don't push too hard. I'm not sure that sitting at a sewing machine would be a good idea. I'm off to TCI on Sunday, so I hope I know more about what is going on with me soon. Wish me luck!

Take it easy and take care!!
(((((HUGS)))))