Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sense of peace

For the past couple days I have had this feeling of true peace. My head/brain no longer feels like it is a miss firing ball of emotions. A feeling like everything is OK or will be OK.

I use to worry, worry myself sick. Over everything, the kids, my husband, the job and money. I have been able to just process thoughts and move on, not getting stuck in some emotional circle where that's all I can think about.

Weird!

I know that depression can be caused by Chiari. I never ever thought I was depressed. Not chipper me. Maybe I was! Maybe my brain was so squashed that it was miss firing signals.

That heavy weight I carried at the back of my head is gone, could this have been some of it? Before when I would put my head down to go to sleep this Chiari is all I thought about......the what ifs, the bad doctors, will I wake up, how am I going to get threw the next day?

The last 4 nights I go to bed and just sleep. I don't remember what I am thinking just before I fall a sleep. I wake rested and refreshed. I have not had 1 episode of Explosion Head Syndrome, not 1. Could my new space really be doing this? I must make note to tell Dr Heilman about this!

For he did tell me and my husband that when the brain is put under stress things can change and with time perhaps it will relieve it's self. By having my CSF restricted it was putting pressure on my whole brain. Again he made NO promises, just the hopes that in time these things.......emotions, memory, word findings would restore! I am sure he will be as pleased as I am that these things are indeed being restored.

1 comment:

Dan and Tina said...

Hey Amy Joe,

That makes sense to me! I know I feel like you did before your surgery now. I'm praying I don't need surgery. I guess I'll find out on the 11th!

You keep takin' it easy O.K.? (that's not a question but an order! :-)

Tina